Sunday, July 15, 2012

A llama? He's supposed to be studying!

It seems that 93 is the lucky number for the week. Recently my roommate Cameron came excitedly into my room to tell me that he had gotten a 93 on a test of which the average was in the low 80s. This week I got my own 93s. I got my French test that I had taken the previous week, and I got 93.5. I think the professor said the average was 85 (I know he said 85 in there somewhere, but I'm not 100% sure it was the average), so considering that there are French-speaking RMs in the class, I'm satisfied with my score. (Remember how my dad and brother wanted me to take physics instead of French? Even if I wanted to, I couldn't, because there aren't any physics classes available in the summer that I could take. But if I did, I don't think I'd do as well on those tests as I did on this one. Take that!) I also got a 93 on my Isaiah test.

On Friday I had an appointment with the orthopedist because of my knee. They took x-rays and manipulated my knee and they could find no problems that would seem to be a result of my April fall. But the x-rays indicated that my knee caps aren't entirely fitting in the groove where they're supposed to be. They think my problem is that the outer muscles of my leg are stronger than the inner ones, so the outer ones are pulling the knee cap out of its groove. (You threw off my groove!) The doctor gave me some exercises to strengthen my quads so that hopefully I can fix it. I hope it does. It's been two and a half months since I've really gone running, and as much as I say I hate it, I do miss it. I don't want to get fat again. If the exercises don't work in a month, I'll have to go back. I'm hoping, however, this will fix it. I'm a little skeptical, mostly because it seems too good to be true. But we'll see what happens. Even if it weren't for my knee, it would be good to do these exercises because all I do anymore is pushups and situps. But since I'm lazy, I'll probably only do what's required for my right knee...

Yesterday I did a lot of studying. I had just gotten done with some studying and was about to make dinner when there was a knock on the door. Some girls invited me to go to Spanish Fork to go to the llama festival. Since studying didn't sound too fun, I said yes. It was at the Hare Krishna temple, where they have the Festival of Colors (which I've never been to). But instead of a Festival of Colors, it was a Festival of Llamas. I'm still trying to figure out what llamas have to do with Hare Krishna. I'm glad I went just so I can say I went, but it's not something I feel a need to go to again. I learned something about myself, namely that I don't really like animals that much. I like looking at them, but I don't really like touching them. We had food to feed the llamas, and I figured if I was at a llama festival, I might as well feed one. I didn't really like the feeling of the llama's hot breath while its lips gobbled up the oats or whatever the food was. It kept trying to come back to me for more. I was flattered that it liked me so much, but I couldn't help thinking, "What am I going to do with a llama?" Then after the llama festival, I hadn't eaten dinner, so I went up to the stake dance, grabbed a plate of food, ate it, and went home again. It would have been a lot more awkward to be a wall weed there than at the February dance.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment