Sunday, November 4, 2012

Fin Octobre, Début Novembre

Yay! It is my favorite month! But I'll have to skip all the celebrating tonight because I'm very tired and I want to go to bed, and I have to take a shower because there's sand in that part of my body I don't like talking about, namely my hair. So I'll keep it short today.

I had an OK Halloween. I had to do homework and studying. I turned on some Halloween music while I carved the Obama pumpkin you may have seen on Facebook. A girl I knew this summer, Amberly, stopped by with a friend of hers. Amberly admired our Jan Terri picture and told her friend she would have to show her Jan Terri, so I brought my computer out and we watched "Get Down Goblin." I took a short break from homework to make an appearance at an informal Halloween party. And then I watched that ridiculously cheesy TV movie The Munsters' Revenge.

But November 1 was a crazy day because I had to take two tests and do some other odds and ends (including voting). I was glad when I got everything that day.

And the reason I had to do all of that on Thursday and why I am so tired now is because I went on a field trip! My geomorphology class all went out to Death Valley. It was really, really fun. I was thinking about what a good decision it was to become a geology minor. We saw transverse sand dunes, volcanic craters, and mysterious moving rocks. Maybe I'll tell you all about Death Valley sometime. But not tonight.

As we were driving home I texted my roommate Scott to ask if he could meet me on campus to help carry some stuff back. Well, he showed up with seven other people from my ward. I didn't expect a welcoming committee!

No comments:

Post a Comment