Sunday, April 21, 2013

Finalement

There was a lot that happened in the news this week. The Boston Marathon got bombed and the bombers were shot and arrested. A Provo girl went missing and was found. An Elvis impersonator sent poisonous letters and was arrested. Provo announced Google Fiber. A fertilizer plant exploded. All in one week!

But when it comes to me, it wasn't an extremely newsworthy week. Except that it's finals. I overheard someone this week saying, "It's like midterms but without classes!" I find that true. Everyone always stresses about finals, but I find finals week to be perhaps my favorite time of the semester. Sure, we have to study, but we're done with homework, and we have all day to study. It's actually pretty relaxing.

Speaking of marathons, I ran a marathon this week! Never mind that it took five days. I was able to go running on Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. It was great. I don't know the last time I was able to run four times in a week. And it was perfect running weather, about 50 degrees.

I've already taken my Historical Geology and Old Testament finals. I did OK, but not as well as I should have. I don't think I'm going to get a very good grade in Old Testament. Oh well. I guess that's why they make the disclaimer that religion grades aren't indicators of your spirituality.

I still have to take my finals for Phonetics and Phonology, Geology of Planets, and Early Modern English. I think the Phonetics test will be pretty easy; the hardest thing will be that it is at 7 a.m. tomorrow. The EME final (on Wednesday) just consists of us writing a hymn; that shouldn't be too bad. Geology of Planets is the only one left that I worry about studying enough for.

Next week spring term starts, and it's going to be crazy for me as ward clerk. I've heard that our stake has an 80 percent turnover! I have to get all those records moved in and out! I also have to figure out how to get a famous football star's records out of our ward, since he moved out a while ago.

I guess I will have to, as today's ward program said, "goo forth with faith!"

No comments:

Post a Comment