Sunday, May 28, 2017

A few images

This week wasn't overly eventful, so I thought I'd share a few images.

OK, this video is from two weeks ago. At first I thought the cat was trying to keep time with the music with her tail, but apparently she doesn't have great rhythm. More than fourteen years later, she still loves our feet.

When I folded my clean socks this week, one of them had a spider leg on it.

We had the missionaries from my ward over for dinner this week. It's kind of mind boggling for me to reflect on my own mission experience. Missionaries carry iPads now, but they didn't exist when I was on my mission. Smartphones were still brand new in those days (so certainly we didn't get them). We could receive texts, but we couldn't send them. I've also been organizing the letters I received while I was serving, putting them in binders instead of keeping them sitting in plastic bags in my closet. This fall will mark ten years from when I left.

Saturday was my dad's birthday. I got him a cat swimsuit. (And one for me, too.)

I saw this caterpillar-infested nest (or something) near Rudy's Flat. I'm not an entomologist, so I don't know what it is or what the bugs are.

This abandoned structure near the bottom of North Canyon has more graffiti on it than it did last fall. Well, I guess the flag is itself graffiti, but at least it's pretty graffiti, whereas the other writing is ugly. Why can't people leave things alone? I'm also perpetually annoyed infuriated at all the beer cans and bottles littered all over. What terrible people must do that! I hope they get broken glass in their eyes. If I owned a store, I would quit selling beer, because I wouldn't want all that litter (or drunk driving, or spousal abuse, or...) on my conscience. I know people litter other things as well, but it doesn't seem to be as frequent. (I also know lots of people drink beer without doing anything stupid, but everyone thinks they're the exception to negative consequences and poor decisions.)

Memorial Day weekend kicks of the season of patriotic holidays, which means my reverse Lent is over! OMNOMNOM.
Let me geek out a little bit here to explain things. Hershey's is doing a "Flavors of America" line with candies representing different states. I'm counting them as Fourth of July candy, because America. Thus the strawberry Kit Kats (California) and BBQ PayDay (Texas) among the red, white, and blue candy. (No Utah, sadly.) I don't like the M&Ms as much as the other candies, because the M&Ms taste exactly like regular M&Ms, whereas the other candies have unique flavors. But the colors still count.

No comments:

Post a Comment