Sunday, September 4, 2011

What's New?

It seems a lot of new things occurred this week.

  • I'm most excited for a new month. I always have this perception that once September arrives, everything will be better. I'm always disappointed come September 1, but a lot of good stuff does come in September. On the 15th, I officially get to start thinking about Halloween (yes, that is a mite early, and yes, it is completely arbitrary), and on the 29th, I turn 23. This month we also have the 10th anniversary of 9/11 and we also get 9/10/11. This month also starts fall. I believe that meteorological fall started on the first--which is also how I count it--but astronomical fall starts in a few weeks. I love fall, changing leaves, and cooler temperatures.
  • I have several new coworkers. On Thursday we had a meeting, and they told us that they're hiring fifteen new people in the next month! It sounds like there will be a lot more people this year than there were last year for Annual Curriculum. Which means I won't have to stay so late :) but I also won't get as much money :( .
  • My last post mentioned lovestrong., my new Christina Perri CD.
  • Yesterday I bought new running shoes. I bought some in March and I can tell they're wearing out. I got two pairs for $93 at Famous Footwear. I think Famous is like Kohl's--expensive as it is, but they give you a lot of good deals. One pair is just like the pair I already have (except orange and black instead of green and grey) and the other one is a different kind--the cashier said her husband loves them. I'm excited to go running this week; I only got two full runs in this past week. I tried for a third day but I started coughing up acid reflux, which has never happened to me before while running.
Well, I guess that's really not a lot that's new. Especially since the last two are so trivial and small. But I guess a new month makes up for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment