Sunday, January 6, 2013

Randomness

I feel like I have so many things going on in my mind that I don't know what to focus on.

First of all, Windows 8 is dumb. My brother had to set my desktop as the default screen. The regular default screen is a screen of all sorts of stuff I would never use, especially since much of it requires a subscription. For example, it has an icon for Encyclopedia Britannica, but you have to subscribe. I clicked on it to see if it was free or not, but it's not. And now it keeps mysteriously popping up if I do something on the fingerpad. I don't know how I do it, and I don't know how to stop it!

What's really stupid is that it doesn't have a Start button. You have to download a different program just to have a Start button. Dumb, dumb, dumb.

It's a new year now. New Year's was pretty uneventful, and now it seems like it was forever ago.

I had a fun time seeing my three nephews in California. We got home a week ago. They said and did lots of funny things, like when Franklin (who is almost 5) asked me why my neck is thin.

It's freakishly cold outside. And smoggy. I haven't been running this week because of the air quality. I think I gained eight pounds over the holidays!

Traditionally, August has been my least favorite month, but I think it might shift to January. I haven't liked August because it's hot and it has no holidays and summer vacation comes to an end. But I hate heat less now, and for the last three years August has actually meant the start of a break. January has New Year's Day, but that's only the first day, so after it's over, there's nothing going on, and the fun Halloween/Thanksgiving/Christmas/New Year season comes to a crashing, icy halt. Then the Valentine's season starts, which is better than nothing, but Valentine's Day is a dumb holiday for people like me who can't fall in love. Basically the only thing I appreciate about Valentine's Day is the candy.

The new semester starts tomorrow. It's my fourth winter semester and the first time I haven't been moving into a new apartment. I think this will be a pretty busy semester, even busier than last. I can't wait until April! (That's a terrible way to live, waiting for the end before it's even started.)

Tonight my second mission president was in the Wilk, and since I live so close to campus I couldn't not go. But I've been home so long that I didn't know anyone there. So that was awkward. I'm naturally awkward, but my awkwardness became really magnified. It was really, really awkward. I was glad to get out of there.

I went to locate my new classes. There are weird things going on on campus. There are lots of people camped outside the BYU Bookstore. It's going to be in the single digits tonight! Apparently the JSB flooded. And I overheard some girls badmouthing geology.

I just can't seem to focus. Good night!

1 comment:

  1. I thought you might add Babies silly baptism saying. I'll add it for you. When Preston and the Priesthood holders started to sit down after the confirmation Baby said, "Hey, what about me?" I hope your week goes well.

    ReplyDelete