Sunday, February 17, 2013

From one lame holiday to another

Well, another Valentine's Day has come and gone.

Valentine's Day wasn't too eventful. It was just another day, except that I saw a car with a Christmas tree strapped to the top. Certainly not what I was expecting on Valentine's Day. Then I went to Papa Murphy's to get a heart-shaped pizza; it was really busy there. I think the only reason I would ever go to Papa Murphy's is to get holiday pizzas. Then I finished a homework assignment about the moon, watched Be My Valentine, Charlie Brown, and went running.

As far as running is concerned, it sure is nice that it's lemits time again. Lemits may be a weird time of year, but it has some of the best running weather. I went running twice this week, which is more than I went in the entire month of January!

But with everything going on, it's hard to find time for everything. It's midterm time, and I have a lot to do for my calling, and I'm getting my root canal tomorrow--why does everything have to happen at once? I hate that it all happened around Valentine's Day so that I couldn't properly enjoy the holiday (not that there's much to enjoy). The same thing happened at Halloween so that I couldn't properly enjoy that holiday. Halloween and Valentine's Day are practically the same holiday, except that Halloween is more fun.

But now it's getting close to St. Patrick's Day, which is the most pointless holiday that I celebrate. (Groundhog Day is more pointless, but I don't celebrate it.) The best thing about the St. Patrick's Day season is that I can eat green desserts and candies I wouldn't otherwise eat. Which is nice because I love mint things. It's also the only time of year I buy Lucky Charms. (I eat lots of sugary cereals, but I draw the line at marshmallows.)

You may have seen this video on Facebook. During Sunday School last week, we were talking about how Lamoni's father gave up his sins, and one girl commented and said we have a hard time giving up sins because they can be fun, and one of the instructors started singing, "These are a few of my favorite sins!" My roommate Bryton was sitting next to me and said, "Someone should make that into a song." So I did.


I actually am very self conscious about this video, and I don't really like watching it. I have a terrible voice, an ugly tie, and a droopy eye. But we (me and my roommate who recorded it) put it on our ward's Facebook page, where it has thirty-one likes. I've had a lot of people tell me how much they like it.

Oh. I wish I had been in Russia to see the meteor. A thousand people got hurt, but that's a small price to pay to see something so cool. Much better than getting hurt to get a good close-up view of ice.

No comments:

Post a Comment