Sunday, February 24, 2013

Root canal and stuff

There's been a lot going on lately.

On Presidents' Day I got my root canal. It took about two hours. Everyone talks about root canals as if they're the worst thing ever. They are expensive, but they're really not that painful. My teeth were a little sore afterward, but it wore off quickly.

They do things to ease the process. They of course numb the area, and this dentist's office has TV screens up. I watched most of Hugo during the event. They offered me laughing gas. I thought I'd try it, but I could only handle a few minutes of it. I didn't like it at all, especially when I was trying to watch a movie!

They also did internal bleaching. So now my dead tooth is once again the same color as my living tooth. Hooray for modern dentistry! (I suppose it would have been fitting, since it was Presidents' Day, if I had been given teeth made from hippo ivory, just like Washington.)

I had two midterms this week, one for Historical Geology and one for Phonetics and Phonology. I got 86 on the geology test, which is better than the average, but is slightly less than the most common score. That's not as good as I like it. The phonetics test was surprisingly easy (since I feel that that's the class in which I understand the least), but I don't know what I got. I think it was the first time I've taken an exam on a Friday night. The testing center was busier than I expected.

Then yesterday, as a ward clerk, I had to update all of the callings in our ward in the system. That took five hours!

With all this stuff going on, I completely neglected to do a quiz about Mars! I don't know how I did that. That's just not something I do.

I'm glad it's almost March. I think this has been the first year in which I've really been excited for winter to end. But I still want to see it snow in nine out of twelve months. So it still needs to snow at least once in March, April, May, June or September, October, November, and December. In 2010 and 2011 it snowed in eight months, but in 2012 it only snowed seven. In all my life I've seen it snow once in June and twice in September, so nine months is a long shot, but I'm still hopeful.


No comments:

Post a Comment