Sunday, April 3, 2016

Conference week

This week wasn't an overly eventful one, at least not during the work week.

On the Friday before general conference, however, mission reunions abound, and I went to one with my first mission president, President Clark, in Draper. It was good to catch up with various people there (and I felt a little bad about the people I've unfriended over the years), and I had two of my past companions show up. I no longer feel a great need to go to reunions, but it was either that or stay at home by myself (and my parents).

I didn't go to the reunion of my second mission president, S. Mark Palmer, because I didn't know him as well and it was all the way in Provo. If I still lived there I probably would have gone. I feel like he remembers more about me from reunions than from the mission. He actually became a general authority seventy this weekend.

Then general conference itself was good. I didn't think there were as many stand-out talks this time, but I did like Elder Andersen's and President Uchtdorf's talks. It's sad to see how old President Monson is, since he gives short talks and calls the Cheshire Cat the "Chinese cat."

I didn't really have many complaints about the music this time--although I do get tired of "Come Thou Fount," which is the most overratted hymn in the hymnbook (oh, wait...), and I dislike that the MoTab sings parts of songs slowly and quietly, thus sucking the life out of cheerful songs like "O Thou Rock of Our Salvation." But no major complaints.

I like to buy grapes for conference, because then I can eat them to stay awake without guilt. Besides, jelly beans are out of season now.

No comments:

Post a Comment