Sunday, April 10, 2016

Satisfying April

Of the spring months, I think April is my favorite. I am sad that Easter's over, but in a year from this time, it will still be before Easter. Things finally start blooming. The blossoms have left the apricot tree and moved to the plum tree, and soon they will be on the crabapple tree, which is my favorite. (My favorite for blossoms. Not my favorite for fruit.)

On the trails, the glacier lilies are out in abundance, I've seen a yellow-bell or two, the arrowleaf balsamroot is starting to bloom, I've seen vetch of some kind, and there are other phlox-like flowers or flaxflowers peeking out from the dirt. (I'm sure glad I bought that wildflower book in February!)

This week, I got to see the publication of an article for which I researched and wrote about forty footnotes and assembled the appendix. So that's exciting, for me at least.

People are sometimes impressed with my Etch-a-Sketch skills. I'm a terrible artist, but I can draw on an Etch-a-Sketch about as well as I can draw on paper, rather than simply drawing stairs. My cousin's kids were at our house yesterday and they wanted me to draw a monster with a hat, shirt, gloves, ruler, pants, and socks, and then they wanted SpongeBob.
Then they wanted me to draw a vampire with bats and other monsters. (Anyone who knows my history knows I had no problem at all with doing that.)

I feel like I lead a pretty satisfying life. Even if it's not a very interesting one.

No comments:

Post a Comment