Sunday, March 10, 2013

(Can't think of a good title)

Ah, March. That time of year when lemits is in full bloom, and it's good weather to do lots of things outside, but there's too much going on to do so.

Last week I went running three days in a row, but all that lost time meant that this week I had to catch up on all the homework I didn't do. It was a pretty busy week.

I had to write a paper about science and religion. It actually turned out better than I expected. I talked about how intelligent design shouldn't be taught in school because it's not science, and that you don't have to choose between believing in science/evolution and believing in God--you can believe in both.

I also had to color a geologic map of Mars. While I was coloring it, I realized that geology takes me back to elementary school. We have to color things, we learn about rocks and dinosaurs, we go on field trips, and we play in a sandbox.

And speaking of geology, I got an exciting email this week. I want to take Geology 210, the field studies class, but the headers say it's for geology majors only. But it's listed as one of the electives for the minor, so I didn't understand why it would count for the minor if only majors could take it. So I emailed the professor in charge of the class this summer/fall, explaining the situation, and he replied, " Until our curriculum committee gets it together,  please feel free to sign up." I'm excited to take it! (The only reason I can think of that it would count for the minor but only majors could take it is in case someone took it as a major but then switched to the minor. Then it wouldn't make sense if it didn't count for them. But I don't think that would happen often.) That class will be worth three credits but it's all over before the semester starts--which means I'll have a lighter semester!

I was also busy because this week I went on as many dates as I did in all of 2012. I need to start getting serious, since I graduate in a year. I have a hard time going on dates because I don't like to bother girls by burdening them with my presence. 

Then this weekend was stake conference. Since I'm an assistant clerk, I had to go to the Priesthood leadership meeting. That means I went to three meetings.

But I'm feeling optimistic. I've finished my biggest papers of the semester, and I think I only have one more exam between now and finals. The snow has mostly melted (but I still need to see it snow this month), and this weekend I'm going on a field trip. Then it's St. Patrick's Day, and then the Easter season starts. (I'm sad the Easter season is only two weeks this year.)

I've never been so happy about warmer weather!

No comments:

Post a Comment