Sunday, May 15, 2016

A throwaway post

You may have seen that this week I received copies of a book I coedited, A Historian in Zion: The Autobiography of Andrew Jenson. I could tell you about it, but I would feel a little weird putting it on here and then having professional historians Google it and find it in the midst of my personal, frivolous blog. So I will forbear. But you can ask me in person or through other media.

So if I'm not going to talk about that, what will I talk about? I don't know.

I saw the graves this week for Patty Sessions, a prominent nineteenth-century midwife who delivered thousands of babies, and Perrigrine Sessions, who founded Bountiful (Sessions Settlement) after arriving in Utah in 1847. (I believe he met Brigham Young, who was going back to Iowa, on his way into Utah.) He's buried next to most of his wives. But you probably don't care to see pictures of tombstones, especially since they're not the originals.

I don't want to be that guy who always talks about food, so I won't tell you about the asparagus mushroom pie I made.

And you probably get sick of all my trail running (which was minimal this week), but I love all the wildflowers that are out now: mulesears, longleaf phlox, and evening primrose, among others.

I went to Bountiful's chalk art festival, and one of the art pieces matched my shirt.








May is a rather pleasant month, but it's six months from November, and every time I text someone "Thanks," my phone suggests "Thanksgiving," and I'm sad it's not my favorite holiday.

No comments:

Post a Comment