Sunday, October 9, 2011

Falling from the heavens

Last night I blogged about my 5k. But that was yesterday, and there was a lot that went on this week besides that.

First of all, I LOVED the weather this week. I felt like summer weather wasn't ending. And it did! It was rainy Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday, and Thursday and Friday were especially cold. We finally have our heater on again. On Thursday I went running between storms. It was so nice on Bountiful Boulevard, seeing the hills with a light blanket of snow. Once I got past the Bountiful golf course, there were small amounts of snow on the grass! I don't know why I like cold weather so much. I just do.

My family is pretty excited. After more than five months, my dad finally got a job! His unemployment is the main factor in my taking the semester off. His new job pays a little more than his last one and has better hours. (No more swing and graveyard for him!) He starts that on October 24.

And speaking of jobs, at work one of my coworkers and I always talk about the work dreams we have. Every Thursday morning we have a small meeting with just our department, and on the first Thursday of the month, the meeting lasts a little longer. So on Wednesday night, I had a dream about the meeting. Except it was more like a lunch party. (This is not far-fetched, since we do have lunches around Christmas time.) But we were on BYU campus. After lunch, everyone was watching a movie. I went elsewhere, and then I saw in the Daily Universe Police Beat that my work party had gotten into legal trouble. Apparently someone had brought alcohol (a no-no at BYU AND at church jobs), and a crazy lady had gotten in and done something inappropriate.

I work during the day, and I work when I'm asleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment