Sunday, November 20, 2011

A pointless post

Today I planned to write a thanksgiving blog. That's thanksgiving with a lower-case t, but I was going to write it because of Thanksgiving with a capital T.

But between sleeping late, having a "linger longer" after church, having home teachers over, attending a fireside with Sheri Dew and Jon Schmidt, and my guidelines on not being online after 9:00, I wouldn't have time to do it justice. So we'll see if it happens this week.

We are very busy at work. This is the second week in a row where I've worked six days a week, and supposedly we're working every Saturday for the rest of the year. I'm going to be rich. One of my leads told me this week that within a two-week period I worked 92 hours. And this is a part-time job! What I inferred from what he told me was that I worked more than anyone else. That's one advantage to having no life--I get a lot of money!

They gave us day crew Thanksgiving dinner on Wednesday. Hurray! And then Thursday I stayed late enough that I got a second one with the swing shift. Hurray! But the second one made me mad. Some imbecile turned on Christmas music. Thanksgiving does not equal Christmas. Whoever decided on the music should be shot! Or at least fired. It's one thing to listen to it yourself, but to subject everyone else to it! It's like turning on rap music--you know a lot of the people aren't going to like it.

Umm...yeah. I'm not going to write anything good in two minutes. Sorry this is a pointless blog. I just want to maintain my record of not missing a single Sunday since I started the blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment