Sunday, August 12, 2012

Take the last train to Emeryville

I am so glad summer term is over! Finally a break!

I think I did pretty well on my Book of Mormon and French tests. My Isaiah test...not so much. It was the first time for this professor to teach the class, and I think the midterm ended up too easy, so he wanted to make the final harder. But he made it too much harder. He added "None of the above" options to all of the questions, and those were often the correct answer. I knew the test would be comprehensive, but I didn't think the questions from the first half of class would be so specific. He sent an email saying that he curved everyone's test scores up. I guess I got my wish that he feel like a terrible person.

Thursday night I boarded a train to come visit my brother in Berkeley, CA. The train left Salt Lake at 11:30 p.m. and arrived at 5:40 p.m. the following day. I brought my laptop to use on the train, but my adapter quit working, so it was a waste to bring it. But I read about 100 pages of Moby Dick. My goal is to get it finished before Fall starts, since I started it two years ago (I don't read often). I think I'll do it. I did not like sleeping on the train, and I don't think the bathrooms were cleaned once in the eighteen hours I was on the train. Gross.

I've been enjoying seeing my three nephews, Preston (7), Franklin (4), and "Baby" (2). Yesterday we went to the Golden Gate Bridge and Muir Woods. I hijacked this picture of me and Baby from my sister-in-law's Facebook:

Today we went to church at my brother's ward. It was the weirdest meeting I've ever been to. It started with Sunday School, in which the comments included that schools ruin kids and that people are depressed because they are wicked. Then in sacrament meeting we sang the most depressing version of "There Is Sunshine in My Soul Today" that I've ever sung. The organ player must have been wicked.

No comments:

Post a Comment