Sunday, September 13, 2015

Phone picture gallery!

To clear room on my phone, I decided to upload all of my phone's pictures so I could delete them. And since I decided to upload them, I thought I'd share them with you! I've tried to avoid posting things I've already blogged about. These are random things I encounter in life. I got my phone on November 16, 2013, so these pictures occur since then.

First we have an ad from the newspaper around Christmas 2013, a cruise that included cursing.

I liked the ice formations on the Harold B. Lee Library in December 2013.

This is at the University of California-Berkeley. I was amused at the wheelchair access for Wheeler Hall.

In Provo, our ward would put announcements on our doors. I found a seven-legged spider on a temple trip flyer.

 In summer of 2014, we left a plastic spoon in a pan of refried beans on the stove. Oops.

This is from The Encyclopedia of Latter-day Saint History. It's a picture of Joseph F. Smith (I don't remember the others), but I love the kid in the front.

In August 2014, I got a picture of some big hailstones at our house. (That's a nickel, in case you can't tell.)

Last fall I got some candy corn taffy, but one of them apparently melted and glued the others together.

This was on a shuttle at Six Flags in California on the day after Thanksgiving. (Count the prepositions!) I assume the person meant "4 EVER" but got their numbers mixed up. What does "seven ever" even mean?

This is in the stairwell of the parking garage at the conference center. The gum marks make a perfect smiley face!

We went out of town for Thanksgiving last year, and when we got back, my car was covered with crabapples.

At Christmastime, I found Jenny, our cat, sleeping in an odd position on my bed. (I know it was Christmastime because of my Rudolph blanket.)

I'm not a gamer, but once in a while I turn on the old Super Nintendo. At the beginning of the year, I was excited to finally beat Super Mario Bros. Lost Levels, which even my brother never did.

In the spring we got snow (but not in the winter!), and an interesting ice formation occurred on this garden hook, then slid down.

In April I went home teaching, and they left the front door open, and a bird flew inside!

Every year starting at Halloween, there's a trio of flavors that end up in everything: candy corn, caramel apple, and pumpkin spice. Last year I decided save wrappers to document the various foodstuffs I had with those flavors. First up there are candy corn and pumpkin spice M&Ms. I had candy apple ones too, but the wrapper got thrown away. I doubt they make plain pumpkin spice M&Ms now because they're doing latte ones instead. (Maybe they're still doing both, I don't know.)

At Christmastime we found holiday-flavored Jelly Bellys--which is perfect for me, because it used to be that when I went running, I would imagine what seasonal flavors of Jelly Bellys I could invent (to keep my mind off running). All of these flavors (egg nog, candy cane, pumpkin pie, cranberry sauce, and hot chocolate) are ones that I've imagined, although I put the pumpkin pie and cranberry sauce ones at Thanksgiving rather than Christmas.

I had pumpkin Pop-Tarts, granola bars, cereal bars, "chocolate" chips that weren't chocolate, English muffins, and Hershey's Kisses. (Other things were not pictured.)

Then there was candy corn, S'mores candy corn, candy corn taffy (featured above), and candy corn Hershey's.

And caramel apple pretzels, caramel apple Oreos, and caramel apple Sugar Babies (which are better than regular Sugar Babies!).
(Here's where I see if anyone is paying attention. Because the season of "pumpkinundation" is upon us, I'm considering documenting on a special section of my blog the various pumpkin spice (and caramel apple and candy corn) things I get. But I will only do it if people would find it interesting or amusing, not if they find it boring or annoying. Any feedback, whether you think it would be interesting or annoying?)

Last June I snapped a few pictures of sego lilies, and I liked this one so much I used it as my phone's wallpaper, but only then did I realize that a little green grasshopper was photobombing the flower! (Just above the sego lily.)

Sometimes there are crickets in our house.

Last month we had a family reunion in Fillmore at an old hotel built in the 1920s. People were that much shorter back then?

Sorry this one's crooked, but it's a hassle at this point to fix it. This is from the Church Almanac from the 1970s. I love the girl second from the right. (Also love Dallin H. Oaks on the other page.)

Our cat doesn't kill birds, but our windows do.

At the family reunion, we saw pioneer jewelry made out of hair. Yes, hair.

This was just this week! I ran up to Elephant Rock in Mueller Park on Labor Day. There weren't many leaves that had changed yet, but just the last day or two they've suddenly changed. Trail running is the best way to spend holidays. This time, my finger photobombed the plants.



Jenny, the foot-loving cat, is a teenager now.

No comments:

Post a Comment