Sunday, July 23, 2017

Welcome to New York

This will be a short post, because I am on vacation, so I'm just writing on my phone.

Anyway, on Wednesday night/Thursday morning, my parents, my sister, my niece, and I boarded a red-eye flight to New York City, a city where I've never been. We visited the Empire State Building, took a boat tour on the Hudson River, saw the pools at the World Trade Center, and watched Wicked on Broadway. It's nice to visit once in my life, but I'm a Utah boy, and teeny tiny Salt Lake City is big enough for me.

We left NYC this morning and stopped at Watkins Glen State Park before arriving in the town of Niagara Falls. We will see the falls tomorrow and spent the rest of the week in upstate New York, which I haven't visited since I was 12. I will give a full report on next week's episode. (I wanted to say "post," but my phone suggested I say episode.)

Maybe I shouldn't, though. I generally find others' travelogues to be boring at best and braggardly at worst.

No comments:

Post a Comment