Sunday, June 2, 2019

(no pictures)

It seemed like a long week. Not because it was a bad week. I just keep thinking, "Really? Memorial Day was just this week?"

I had to work Memorial Day, and it was busy at the park. Most of my coworkers dislike slow days, but I prefer them. I got stressed out this week with guests who went around touching everything. You, teenage girl! Why do you feel a need to slide that tied type around, even though there's a "Don't Touch" sign, and when I tell you not to, you pick it up, making it fall apart? One very touchy young boy, probably around four, came and put his hand directly on ink in the print shop, getting ink all over his hand. I don't feel bad at all when that happens, and I also wouldn't feel bad if he stained his clothes with ink, because that's what you get for touching everything (or letting your kids touch everything, or halfheartedly "stopping" them)!

Since everything was still too wet for trails, I hopped on my bike in the evening. I heard about a trail in North Salt Lake called the Foxboro Wetlands Trail, and since it was paved, I thought I'd try it out. It really wasn't special. It was just a paved path among vacant lots. But I did see an unusual bird, and since it was behind houses, I saw two cats, which are always a bonus in my book.

I did have a few pictures to show you, but Blogger is not uploading them. Blogger is owned by Google, and I feel like it's a very low priority for them. They don't seem to care about fixing bugs, and its functionality seems to have deteriorated. I hope it's only temporary, otherwise I might have to change my platform!

On Tuesday, I went on another bike ride along the Legacy Parkway Trail, but it was extremely buggy. I will probably stay away from there for a while.

Wednesday was my day off, and the timing worked out well for my family. My niece had her last day of school, so I picked her up early. My dad has been constructing a deer fence, and it arrived that morning, so I was able to help get it off the FedEx truck. There were a few incidents last summer that made my dad want a deer fence. First, we had a deer die in our backyard. (It died right where our cat Jenny is buried. Coincidence?) Later, a deer charged at my dad in our yard. And then apparently some deer were eating plums off our tree, and they broke a branch off. (It looks like we will have a good plum crop this year, but I don't know if we'll be able to reach them.) So this week I have done some helping of the fence. I really know nothing about being handy. I'm also very lazy.

On Friday, I had to help out in the livery at work, because they were shorthanded. They don't pay me enough to be around animals, but it's good to learn new skills. My coworker also was helping out, and he ended up sneezing and getting hives after being around the ponies. So the next morning I had to take his spot in the drugstore at the park until he had washed his clothes. It was my first time at that site.

And now it's June. I like spring and fall more than summer, but increasingly I like summer more than I used to. In June, I look forward to popsicles, eradicating goatheads, picking cherries and baking with them, sego lilies, visiting nephews, and more. June 1 is the beginning of meteorological summer, which I really think makes more sense than astronomical (which only has to do with the length of days). Bring on the summertime!

No comments:

Post a Comment