Sunday, January 12, 2020

Jan You Air E

I have long found it a cruel trick of the calendar that the best holiday seasons are followed by the worst/least interesting ones, namely St. Valentine's Day and St. Patrick's Day.

But we aren't even there yet. We are worse than that. What a terrible time of year!

But you know what they say: if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all.

So, dear January, I am going to tell you nice things.

I like that you give me reason to indulge in hot chocolate on dark nights. It is the only treat currently in season.

I like that you give me the opportunity to work on strength training. The ice, snow, and darkness limit my options for cardio, so I do more strength, even though I don't like it.
This is Shoe Tree Park in Park City, and I sometimes run past it. I like that Park City has a running route that is usually clear of ice and snow.

I like that, while I am sitting at my computer, my sweet kitty comes and sits on my lap. It constantly warms my heart (and my lap) that this soft, warm, adorable creature likes to spend time with me and be my friend, and the way he purrs and tilts back his head so I can rub his chin is just the best.

I like the way the world looks under a fresh layer of snow. But truth be told, that only makes me miss Christmas more.

I like it when the snowflakes are big enough that I can see each distinctive pattern and admire their beauty. Sometimes people wish they could live in a fantasy world or have magical powers or become part of the pages of a book. But snowflakes (and kitties) are a reminder that no fantasy world could be as fantastic as the real world we already have.

I like the bareness of the homes and yards, reminding us of a fresh start. I like that people are trying to better themselves.

And I like that you don't last very long. 😉

No comments:

Post a Comment