Sunday, June 13, 2021

June happenings

 On Monday, I had to work in the livery at work. That's my least favorite place to work. I'm not super comfortable around animals (except cats, of course), which means I don't know what I'm doing, and I feel super stupid. I had to help with pony rides. For some reason, pony rides are very popular, even though the kids just go around in circles. Why is that fun? Some of the kids get freaked out by the ride, especially those on the autism spectrum. But some really enjoy it; there was a tiny girl, who looked less than two years old, who was giggling with delight. That was fun to watch. But overall I don't like being at the livery. 

It would be easy to say, "I didn't go to grad school just to work in the livery." But I think there's danger in thinking of yourself as too good for a certain job, and it's always useful to learn something new. 

Speaking of jobs, Monday was my mom's last day as a teacher. She is now retired just like my dad. It's sad to me that they are no longer working. That means they're old, which also means that I am old.

Wednesdays appear to be my days off these days, so I went up North Canyon, just the usual seven-mile run. Even though we're in a severe drought, everything was still green and amazing up there! This really is the best hobby.




Thursday was mercifully cool while I was driving the train. Friday I was in the print shop, and my boss told me he put me there that day because he knows it's my favorite and I've been doing not-so-good sites recently. And Saturday, I had to drive the train in the heat; the AC doesn't work. Oh well. I'm going on a trip this week, so I'll get a brief reprieve. (I'm keeping this blog short, since I still have to pack.)

On Friday, my nephews came into town for a few weeks! We haven't seen them since they left on July 5. It will be fun to spend time with them!

No comments:

Post a Comment