Sunday, October 2, 2022

Uninteresting birthday week.

 It was my birthday this week, but otherwise it wasn't that interesting. I was able to spend some time on the trails, as usual. I just wish I had more time in the evenings so I could spend more time on them! The leaves aren't as vibrant this year as they were last year.


Not sure how this one turned upside down?

OK, this one is from Saturday during the day, not the evening

My sister got COVID-19 shortly after I got it (no, she didn't get it from me), and she has been in and out of the hospital since then. On my birthday she got to come home. So we went to her house and took pizza from the local Ti Amo restaurant. For gifts, I received a computer monitor so I don't have to always use my laptop monitor if I don't want to, and I got a little vampire figure. It supposedly lights up, but it only uses batteries, and you have to remove six(!) screws to put the batteries in. I get a lot of Halloween decorations for my birthday because of the time of year.

On my birthday, I watched the new Munsters movie, which was terrible. The costumes and sets were cool, and that's about all I can say that's positive. The actors playing Herman and Grandpa might have been enjoyable if they had a coherent script. 2/10. The next day, I watched Hocus Pocus 2. I think the original is super overrated. This new one wasn't great cinema by any means, but it was still fun to watch. 7/10.

***

Pumpkinundation roundup is small this week. Since it was my birthday, I could eat whatever I wanted, so I opted for things I wouldn't eat the rest of the year.

I last had Little Debbie Pumpkin Spice Rolls in 2017. They are spicy and tasty. But I'm not a fan of calling things "pumpkin spice" if there's no pumpkin. Why not just call it spice? 7/10.

Little Debbie posted recently that Little Debbie Pumpkin Delights Cookies have been around for thirty-five years. I thought, "Wow, I can't believe they've been around since the 70s!" And then I realized that thirty-five is only one year older than me! Even though I have certainly seen them in stores for many years, somehow I've never had them. There's a little bit of pumpkin jam, but mostly it tastes like a ginger cookie. 7/10.
Maybe it was dry, or maybe it's because I was full, or both, but the Chip Pumpkin Nutella Cookie wasn't as good as their cookies are usually. 7/10.
The Good & Gather Pumpkin Pie Date & Nut Bar is Target's answer to a Larabar, and I liked it more than I remembered. 7/10.


No comments:

Post a Comment