Sunday, May 13, 2012

A question at the end

I'm going to try to keep this relatively brief, since it is late and I'm tired.

The week was relatively uneventful--just the usual schooling and work. The only change to the routine was the weekend. On Friday I used my Christmas-present GPS for the first time to go get fitted for a suit for my cousin's wedding next month. Then I went home for the weekend. On Friday night my mom and I worked on a fleece blanket for which I got the fleece last December. It has most of the characters from the Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer special, including King Moonracer and most (but not all) of the Misfit Toys. We did this while watching Bewitched. I've said that Green Acres is the funniest show ever, but I think Bewitched is the most sophisticated show to come out of the 1960s.

Saturday my mom and I headed up to Clearfield to help another cousin move out of his parents' house. His little boy, Brennon, is a funny kid (maybe three years old?) and tried to put a bug in my pocket to take to his new house; when I told him "Not in my pocket!" he tried to put it on the car. He called it a "poteena" bug, but it looked like a box elder bug to me (assuming I'm correct about what a box elder bug is). My mom bought herself a Mother's Day present of a small outdoor propane fire pit. She bought marshmallows for roasting on it, and Walmart even had red, white, and blue star-shaped marshmallows that I can start eating in two weeks.

Then tonight was a family gathering for Mother's Day; it was a fairly typical family gathering. My cousin Jesse found an Easter egg that we missed at Easter. (Don't worry, it was a candy-filled one, not a real egg.) Then I drove down late to Provo. I had to slam on my brakes and worried I wouldn't stop in time because the car in front of me slowed down because there was a smushed orange construction barrel in the road. (My college years all have I-15 construction in common...) I took the Center Street exit instead of University Parkway--I may or may not like Center Street better.

This week my childhood friend David Christensen sent me a link to an article about people with amazing memories. I don't think my memory's as good as those of the people in the article, but it got me thinking. I've been toying with the idea of starting a second blog, one devoted entirely to remembering things. Some posts would be in the same format as my holiday memory posts on this blog, but some might follow a particular theme or subject. What are your thoughts?

1 comment:

  1. I like the idea. Just today I watched this video about memory (see the link below). And I would also subscribe to that blog too.

    http://www.ted.com/talks/lang/en/joshua_foer_feats_of_memory_anyone_can_do.html

    ReplyDelete