Tuesday, May 1, 2012

One year of blogging

A year ago today, we found out that Osama bin Laden was killed.

And I started this blog!

In honor of the occasion, here are links to and descriptions of the 66 posts I have made over the past 366 days. Disregard the inconsistent capitalization.

May 1, 2011: Here I am!
I introduced the blog and talked about my classes and my job.

May 8, 2011: Osama, Obama, and My Mama
I spoke about my annoyance with conservatives who expressed irrelevant disdain against Obama following bin Laden's death. I said baseball is weird, and I talked about my mom (since it was Mother's Day).

May 15, 2011: Immune system, put your armor back on!
I talked about my final time cleaning up after baseball and softball and expressed worry that my invincible immune system had died.

May 22, 2011: Enter Sandman
I spoke about five nights in a row of utterly bizarre dreams, including a baby-like Jabba the Hutt and a dachshund/hippo hybrid that turned into Jimmer Fredette.

May 29, 2011: Canterbury Tales
I talked about working on projects for my History of the English Language class. I went on an awkward date with a Mexican and had an embarrassing text conversation with a stranger.

June 5, 2011: In memoriam of the dinosaurs
I talked about a Memorial Day trip to the zoo, where they had a lot of dinosaur models. I talked a lot about my fascination with dinosaurs and speculated I might become a geology minor.

June 12, 2011: The Ghost of Independence Days Past
My first ever memory post! I talked about all the Fourth of Julys of my life, including a memorable lesson in East Wenatchee, WA, from 2008, and pretending to be the Statue of Liberty, from 1995.

June 19, 2011: A week in a paragraph
Just before starting summer term classes, I made a short blog about finishing spring term, going to the zoo, and cleaning up mud debris.

June 26, 2011: The Age of the Earth
I talked about evolution and about surprise that some people think it's opposed to the Gospel. I also officially declared my geology minor.

July 3, 2011: And It's Hotter than the Fourth of July
On the day before the Fourth of July, I blogged about going to a patriotic service in the Marriott Center and going to North Salt Lake's fireworks. My air conditioning was broken, so I blogged in the apartment below me.

July 7, 2011: Thursday Edition, or, the Best Fourth of July Ever
In my very first non-Sunday post, I talked about the Fourth of July, including running my first 5k and going to sundry ward events.

July 10, 2011: UP
I talked about going to a viewing of Up on campus and expressed some disbelief at some of its plot elements.

July 17, 2011: If I weren't a muggle, none of this would have happened.
I talked about watching a few Harry Potter movies, having my AC still not working, being embarrassed when I accidentally played Katy Perry's "Firework" in the middle of the library, and getting a package two months late.

July 24, 2011: Tests, an eight-year-old, and presidents
I had to take a couple of midterms and went home for the weekend. My niece said some hilarious things. I posted a picture of President Obama that was supposed to be a picture of President Monson on the Seen @ BYU Facebook page.

July 31, 2011: Day by Day
I talked about things I did on each day of the week, including feeling out of place after a campus forum and going on a triple date with the apartment where I was staying.

August 7, 2011: River of Tears
I talked about going to a Cherie Call concert and baptizing my niece, Allie.

August 14, 2011: My Christmas vacation lasts four and a half months!
I finished up summer term and got hired again at my Church Distribution job, thus sealing my fate for fall semester (i.e., working and not going to school).

August 17, 2011: Wake me up when September comes
I talked about my first day back at my Distribution job and said how much I hate August.

August 21, 2011: Pokey Guy
I talked about being slow at work, accidentally getting on the freeway twice in a row, and throwing away old school papers.

August 28, 2011: When part-time turns into overtime
The distribution of Daughters in My Kingdom made me work overtime, even though I just had a part-time job.

September 2, 2011: I turn my music up
After I bought Christina Perri's album lovestrong., I blogged about the music contained in my shuffle playlist. (Incidentally, my playlist has changed significantly since the time of that post; I've deleted some music and added a lot more.)

September 4, 2011: What's New?
A new month, new coworkers, a new CD, and new shoes. Not very exciting.

September 11, 2011: Every time we see the 11 in 9/11, we see two towers.
On the tenth anniversary of 9/11, I blogged about my seventh grade memories of the event.

September 17, 2011: A Spoonful of...Something
I wrote a review of the stage version of Mary Poppins, which was nowhere as good as the movie.

September 18, 2011: Cinnamon and blue
I had hilarious experience at work when I thought my coworker said "cinnamon" instead of "red"; what she had actually said was "sendin' 'em." I talked about my disdain about the BYU/U of U rivalry.

September 22, 2011: A pillowcase full of trick-or-treat memories
I recounted as many details as possible about all the Halloweens of my life, including flying to Taiwan (2002) and having a turkey jack-o-lantern (1995).

September 25, 2011: A too-warm September week
I talked about downloading a few songs, setting up the Super Nintendo, and going to a mission reunion.

October 2, 2011: 23 years.
I had a birthday and talked about what I have done in my life. The most significant event of my life was my mission.

October 8, 2011: Run for your death!
I ran a disastrous Halloween "5k." (Looking back, I remember having a bad feeling just before I started walking. That feeling was the same feeling I had last week when I passed out--so if I hadn't stopped running at the 5k, I would have passed out in front of a lot of people!)

October 9, 2011: Falling from the heavens
I saw snow in October, my dad got a job, and I had a bizarre work dream.

October 16, 2011: Technically, I didn't get this finished in time
I resolved to listen to music less and to be off of the computer by 9:00.

October 23, 2011: The purple-people-eater basketball coach was centuries too early
I saw a weird old man wearing purple and went to Nine Mile Canyon to see the Fremont Indian art.

October 28, 2011: My third-favorite holiday
I talked about various thoughts and memories of Halloween.

October 30, 2011: Classes, classmates, and classy movies
I registered for classes, found out that a coworker graduated with me, and watched The Nightmare Before Christmas.

November 5, 2011: Remember Every Detail, Volume 3: Thanksgiving
I remembered as many details as possible about all the Thanksgivings of my life, including having a family story printed in the newspaper (1999) and eating purple potatoes (1997 or 1998).

November 6, 2011: The REAL most wonderful time of the year
I talked about what I did on Halloween and expressed my excitement about Thanksgiving.

November 13, 2011: Eight votes is seven too many
I talked about the utterly bizarre campaign of some crazy old lady, Reva E. Wadsworth.

November 20, 2011: A pointless post
I blogged briefly about getting a Thanksgiving dinner at work.

November 27, 2011: A short holiday and looong hours
I had to work a lot around Thanksgiving. I gave a talk in sacrament meeting the Sunday after Thanksgiving.

December 3, 2011: Yuletide by the Fireside, and Joyful Memories There
I remembered as many details as possible about all the Christmases of my life, including flying to Tennessee (2010) and being snowed in near Edwall, WA (2008). (This post was started on December 3 but wasn't published until December 11.)

December 4, 2011: Two whole years
I talked about how I had been home from my mission for two years. I'm grateful for my mission, but I no longer feel like I need to go back.

December 18, 2011: Phonology is my friend
I had to retrain my headset at work so that it would understand me!

December 25, 2011: Merry Christmas!
I talked about the week of Christmas, including my car not starting when I was doing Christmas shopping.

December 26, 2011: Auld Lang Syne
I remembered all the details about the New Years of my life, including a Cherie Call concert (2010-2011) and a crêpe party with the sister missionaries (2007-2008). (I started this post on December 26 but finished on December 30.)

January 1, 2012: Ring out the Old, Ring in the New
I recapped my year and set some New Year resolutions.

January 8, 2012: You say goodbye, I say hello
I talked about my visiting nephews and my winter classes.

January 15, 2012: Remember Every Detail, Volume 6: Valentine's Day
I remembered as many details as possible about all the Valentine's Days of my life, including the Olympics (2002) and the sixth-grade dance (2001).

January 22, 2012: Commas, hyphens, parentheses, semicolons, and geologic periods
I talked about my two minors, editing and geology.

January 29, 2012: The fifth-grade letter
I talked about a letter I had written to myself in fifth-grade. I sure was a weirdo.

February 5, 2012: My class rocks!
I licked minerals for a geology quiz and discovered that I never got paid for three days of work.

February 12, 2012: Valentine's Day: Winter's Halloween
I talked about Josh Powell. I compared Valentine's Day to Halloween and talked about a tri-ward dance.

February 15, 2012: Lemits time is here
I introduced the term lemits and explained what it means.

February 19, 2012: Green Days
I talked about all the St. Patrick's Days of my life, including moving furniture from my late grandparents' house (2007) and playing a mean trick on Hillary Ulmer (1998).

February 26, 2012: Free as my hai-ai-ai-ai-ai-air
I confessed I am a closet Lady Gaga fan and introduced my aversion to talking about hair.

March 4, 2012: March Midterm Madness
I became stressed about midterms and got a new roommate, Cameron.

March 11, 2012: One Weird Dude
I talked about how weird I am, including my weird eating habits and the fact that I think I am invisible.

March 18, 2012: The most overhyped pointless day of the year
I talked about going to the St. Patrick's Day parade, even though St. Patrick's Day is a pointless holiday.

March 22, 2012: Those Easter Morns
I talked about all the Easters of my life, including rescuing worms (2009) and breaking confetti eggs on peoples' heads (2008).

March 25, 2012: Running, reruns, and runny jam
I made my goal of running for an hour straight. I watched a lot of Green Acres, and my mom spilled a lot of jam on herself.

April 1, 2012: Potpourri
I talked about sundry things, including my half birthday, registering for classes, and finding out a former missionary I know of turned into a transvestite.

April 8, 2012: Happy Easter!
I talked about how the events leading up to Easter, such as a geology field trip and finding a late professor, really didn't have anything to do with Easter.

April 13, 2012: Global Warming
I said that global warming is most definitely caused by humans, and saying otherwise is stupid.

April 15, 2012: Finally!
I talked about a troubling geology test and the finals I had left.

April 22, 2012: A year of holiday memories
I talked about all the holidays of the past year, including my 5k on the Fourth of July and New Year's Eve with my nephews. (I was writing this memory post when Blogger made some changes; apparently they now date a post by the time it's published, not by when it's started.)

April 24, 2012: Of bones, blogs, and blackouts
I talked about my trip to Dinosaur National Monument. I passed out from running.

April 29, 2012: Thanksgiving in April
Even though it wasn't November, there was (and is) a lot to be grateful for.

Thanks to all of you who read this blog! I hope I get more followers in the next year.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I didn't realize it had been 52+ consistent posts. Thanks for entertaining and enlightening me. I love you!!

    ReplyDelete