Sunday, February 9, 2014

The Lost Weekend

I didn't really get a weekend this weekend.

I stayed on campus late on Friday, but it turns out I didn't need to. Then on Saturday morning BYU Studies was having a conference, and they wanted me to help out. So I lost my sleep-in day to go help out with that. We helped set up, and then I went back to the office to get some work hours in before they needed help taking things down. The other intern and I had a hard time focusing on our editing, since we had to get up early. But I was nevertheless able to make some important catches in the piece I was editing.

However, it works out nicely. I had agreed to work on Saturday before I knew that I was going to have an interview on Monday. Tomorrow morning I have an interview in Salt Lake with the Joseph Smith Papers, so I came home tonight. I won't work tomorrow, which turns out nicely since I already got work hours in.

This week was the first week I got a full run in, in nearly two months. It was lightly snowing most of the time, but I was warm enough I needed to take off my hoodie. As it gets warmer, I should be able to go running more.

I'm sorry. I'm tired, and this week wasn't very interesting, so this is all you get.

No comments:

Post a Comment