Sunday, September 8, 2019

Uninteresting

Hmm, what do I say? It was a pretty unremarkable week. I worked on Labor Day, a super hot day. I was able to pick the last of our apricots for the season; I haven't picked apricots in September since 2010.

On Wednesday nights I help tutor kids in a Tongan ward in Sugar House, and it just started again for the school year. I was surprised to see this sign on the church doors.
No soda or sweetdrink allowed in this building. Water only. Bishopric.

Off and on I count calories, and I'm currently in a counting phase. When I search for food on Fitbit, sometimes the app resets my typing and only gets the letters at the end of the word. I was a little astonished when it cut off the c in "celery" and suggested some, uh, interesting foods.

Due to heat and other things, I didn't do much running this week. In other years at this time, the trees had already started changing, but not yet this year. But it's still lovely.

September means it's grape season. I love picking our own fruit!
I made grape omelettes, 
and I was considering adding coriander. I knew coriander and cilantro were the same plant, but I didn't know that cilantro grows on Mars.🤔
 I also read about a woman who was pulled over and told police she was her daughter. I know it's bad, but I can't stop laughing at the mug shot!

On Saturday I was at work when my vision started getting a little fuzzy. I knew exactly what it was. It was an aura, and I had a hard time seeing. I couldn't focus. For example, I was looking at our checkerboard and thought it was disorganized. Nope, it was perfectly organized, but I couldn't focus well enough to tell that. But then the aura went away and it became a headache instead. I get these about once or twice a year, but I didn't have my first one until five and a half years ago.

So glad it's finally feeling like fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment