Sunday, May 16, 2021

Boosts of confidence

Right now, I'm writing this in the church parking lot to use their wifi, since it is out at our house. Our power went out this morning, and it came on a few hours later, but the cable/internet hasn't come back yet. I attended Sunday School in person today for the first time in forever—in fact, the first time I've attended my youth class in person. I brought my laptop to church in case anyone Zoomed in, but no one did. It was the first time I used the Liahona/alma3738 wifi. 

This week I drove the train at the park three times, drove the mini train once, and helped with "gold" panning once. Once when I was driving the mini train, there was a field group riding it. It goes around the little pond, and it takes about two minutes to do the whole loop. When I got back to the start, there was one car attached to the train. The other cars had come disconnected and were just sitting by themselves on the track, all full of people! So the kids got out and pushed the cars back to the engine. I was embarrassed at the time, but now I think it's funny.

I'm insecure about my driving, so it was a boost of my confidence when I did a "near perfect" job of getting the big train in and out of the parking garage. Do I want to spend my summer driving the train? Well, it's certainly better than working in the livery. I'm content driving if it means I don't have to help with the pony rides. *shudder*

I got more boosts of confidence this week when I got grades back. I got an A- on a book review I wrote several weeks ago. And I got an A on my bio of Oscar Crosby; the professor said I more than met the expectations of the assignment. But I didn't get a great grade on one of my environmental history essays, though it was an improvement on my other essays for that class. Two out of three ain't bad. 

And on Tuesday, my day off, I ran up to Rudy's Flat, my first time getting all the way there since November. I can't believe it's already been six months since November! Even though it has been a while, it was still relatively easy. So that's another boost of confidence.

They were constructing the new trail while I was there. But it wasn't done yet and kept starting and stopping in random places.





I also went to Springhill Geologic Park for the first time since November, and again, I can't believe it's been that long already. They have new interpretive signs there.

May is a fantastic month. But I don't have a whole lot else to say, since it wasn't a very exciting week, and it's strange writing this in a church parking lot. And you don't need to know about all my shorter runs, as lovely as they were.

When May steals October's color palette

No comments:

Post a Comment