Sunday, December 12, 2021

Christmas Break (almost)

 Phew, I am done with classes!

I am not quite done with assignments. I still have to revise my research paper and its accompanying files, but I'm done going to campus.

Monday was my last class of my research seminar.

On Tuesday, I had class, and then my professor for the research seminar brought her new kittens to her office. You mean I can just go play with kittens? Um, yes please! I went to see the kittens, and I was just my usual awkward self. I was kneeling on the ground to be closer to the kitties while other students were in the office chatting. Kittens are the most adorable, wonderful little creatures in the universe. These kittens were only four or five weeks old. When I got there, they were play-fighting with each other. 😻



This kitten seemed a little more scared.

When I got home, I had to do one last trail run for the season. I only had time to do Mueller Park. I don't do that one very much anymore, since it's busier, less pretty, and easier than North Canyon, but it's still nice to go once in a while. And sometimes people decorate it for Christmas.

On Wednesday, I attended my final oral history class. When I got home, I decided to cook and puree the pumpkins we grew but didn't carve. They're not pie pumpkins, but hopefully I can still use them. I just don't have the time and calories to bake all the pumpkin things.


Then Thursday, I traveled through the very welcome snow to my final class. We discussed the book Merchants of Doubt and broke into small groups to do so. Last month I mentioned an older man who asked about dinosaur DNA from Jupiter during my presentation, and he was in my group. He was dominating the conversation with irrelevant topics. If you're going to dominate a conversation, please keep it on topic!

That was my final class of the semester. But it's also possible it was my final class ever. You see, on Thursday morning I had an interview for an internship. I think it would be premature to tell you what the internship is here on this blog. But I thought it went well, and I think I am well qualified. I would love the internship. If I got it, I would just do it for credit, and I wouldn't be in any classes. If not, I am taking another research seminar, but it would be my only class next semester so I can devote more time to my portfolio.

Then Friday, I resumed work at This Is the Place. But I am working for their evening Candlelight Christmas. The park is all lit up, and I work in the print shop, talking about Christmas cards. I will work there every night until Christmas Eve, except for Sundays and tomorrow. It's my first time working Christmas, and it's been busier than I expected. Last night we were swamped. On Friday, I got a visit from my BYU editing professor, who then also was a missionary in the Church History Library the last few months I worked there. So it was fun to talk to her again.


Besides all that, I have spent the week eating tons of sugar and buying tons of Christmas and New Year music. I keep trying to justify why I buy music instead of just streaming, and I do have reasons for that. But I realized that I really just prefer to buy it, and that alone is a good enough reason.

No comments:

Post a Comment