Sunday, December 5, 2021

Not a lot going on

 Hmm, what is there to say this week? It wasn't that exciting. We've just been recovering from Thanksgiving, and I've been working on my final projects, though not as hard as I should have been. I mean, I guess the homework is what I have been focusing on, but that's not very interesting for you to read about.

I went up North Canyon twice this week. I should not be able to still be going there; we desperately need snow! Monday (November 29) was a typical run, though this time my dad also hiked up it while I ran (but of course he didn't get all the way to the top). 

Friday, I decided to do the ~13 miles up North Canyon, down to Elephant Rock, then back down North Canyon. The last time I did that was June 2, and it will certainly be a while before I can do it again (if winter ever comes!). The GPS on my watch wasn't working accurately, so I don't know exactly how far it was, but it's about thirteen miles. 


You could really see the inversion.
The last mile, I was starving (I had only had a gingerbread Clif Bar on the three-hour run). Once in a while, I meet runners who are running up one canyon, then all the way down the other, then back up and down, which would be around nineteen miles. Sometimes I think, "Maybe I'll do that one day." But after this run, I really don't think that anything more than thirteen miles would be very fun, to say nothing of the time commitment. (To be fair, the novelty of North Canyon has kind of worn out, and snowless December is about as ugly as it gets.)

I say I love trail running, but then I meet those people who run 20+ miles and feel like I can't say that, because I don't do that much. But I have to remind myself that I can still love it even if I do less than other people. Just because other people do longer, harder runs doesn't mean I have to. I get a lot of satisfaction after a thirteen-mile run, but that's mostly the feeling of accomplishment.

I did another Taste Off kit this week, this one with Christmas desserts. They are changing their business model for 2022, so I don't know how many more seasonal kits they'll be doing. Sweet Tooth Fairy's gingerbread cake bites won, but they were literally my least favorite. Oh well, I guess that means more Kneaders mint brownies for me (which I eat at both Christmas and St. Patrick's Day). 

Oh, and since I get so much love out of seasonal treats, and I love cats, of course I had to blend those two.

But I have a few things going on this week that should be more interesting for next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment