Sunday, March 27, 2022

The start of a lull

Six months ago, my parents left on a weeks-long road trip, leaving me alone in the house with Jimmy. I was by myself for my birthday and general conference.

This week, they once again left on a weeks-long road trip, leaving me alone in the house with Reggie. I will be by myself for my half-birthday and general conference.

He is a sweet companion.

As you know, I have spent the last two and a half months working on my graduate portfolio. This week I made significant progress, and I emailed my advisor with some questions about it. He answered my questions and told me he wanted to see a draft of my portfolio before my defense. So yesterday, I decided to pound out the remainder of my portfolio so I could get it to him. Phew! I know that he will have feedback for me, and I will have to make additional changes. But at the moment, I am done with it! Hooray! That will give me more time to focus on my paper for internship credit. And also for fun things. And also for less fun things that I have been putting off.

I am just super nervous to get feedback from him. It's always hard to see what you could do better. And I feel super weird contacting my professors, or anyone in authority, or anyone for that matter. Having been raised as the youngest in my family, I have this perception that I'm always annoying people.

Now I will have more time just in time for trail season. I have a rule that I can start going on the trails when all the snow is gone from our yard. Yesterday there was still some snow in the yard, so I ran on streets in the morning. But by the afternoon, it was all gone. So this week I should be back on the trails!

A few weeks ago the U had spring break, but it wasn't any kind of a break for me, since I still worked and I'm not in classes. They didn't have spring break last year because everything was online. BYU didn't have spring break when I was there. So I have never really had a university-level spring break.

So, yeah, that's my week. I'm excited for more exciting things to happen again!

No comments:

Post a Comment