Sunday, August 21, 2022

Just more August

Now that I'm not in school again, Augusts aren't that eventful. 

Last year, my parents planted a peach tree. We had one many years ago, but it died. And this year we had our first crop of peaches! On the old tree, the peaches would be eaten by bugs and birds before they were fully ripe. But on this one, they were ripe and tasty without being eaten by pests!


Yesterday morning I participated in a service project, which meant I couldn't do a morning North Canyon run. But luckily, it was cool enough that I could do an afternoon run. It felt like fall!


I go there all the time, but sometimes I forget to look up and see new things, like this conglomerate outcrop

Back in 2015 and 2016, I was privileged to be on the editorial team for At the Pulpit. Today I was saddened to learn that one of the coeditors, Kate Holbrook, died (I think from cancer). I regret that I wasn't able to talk to her again once I returned to the Church History Library this year. I saw her in the hall once, but it didn't seem like the right time to talk to her. Oh well. The other coeditor also has a history of cancer.

No comments:

Post a Comment