Sunday, September 11, 2022

Sweltering September

 I didn't do much exciting for Labor Day. It was hot, and it was the first day I could go without a mask after COVID. 

I did the usual North Canyon run. I still had a mild cough, so I worried the run might be too much. I did cough a little bit, but I also would have coughed a little bit if I had stayed home doing nothing, so it was no big deal. Usually in early September, some of the maples have turned red, but I didn't see any on my Labor Day run.


Now that it's getting dark earlier, I have to adjust my schedule from the summer. I'm still going out to pull up goatheads most nights, but I will have to do that earlier now if I want to go running. But with the unreasonable heat we had this week (multiple 100s, including tying the record of 107), I haven't wanted to go on long runs.

On Tuesday at work, I could tell I was getting a migraine. I get them once or twice a year, and I think they come when I'm dehydrated. So after a weekend with a fast Sunday and then a long run on a hot day, it caught up with me. These migraines start when I find that I can't see very well. For example, I saw a box that had "Equipment" written on it, but I simply could not see the letter "t," even though I knew it was there. Since my job consists of transcribing nineteenth-century documents, I can't very well do my job if I can't see all the letters. So I had to put my head on my desk for a while.

Friday was the Joseph Smith Papers Conference, and since my work put on the conference, I got to go to most of the sessions. I really do have an amazing job.

We are in the pre-Halloween season now, and I was delighted to receive my copy of the newly released It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown soundtrack.


The original recordings were thought to be lost, but they finally found them recently and released it as an album. I have long wanted to be able to listen to Vince Guaraldi's pseudo-spooky theme music, so I'm so happy to add it to my Halloween playlist, which is currently my favorite of my holiday playlists.

 
 Here's hoping the second half of September is better than the first! (It always is.) Oh, and next week marks the return of Pumpkinundation Roundup!

No comments:

Post a Comment