Sunday, March 26, 2023

Not much

 It wasn't too exciting of a week. I'm still settling into my new job, which has been enjoyable so far. At the turn of the year, when my Church History Department job told me that could only offer me a part-time job, it was disappointing. At that time, I had interviewed for another part-time job, which was not offered to me, and I don't think I would have accepted it. Those events made me eligible for my new state job, which I think will be a great boost to my career. Things really worked out well. And honestly, I also think that the project I'm working on with the CHD will be a great boost to my career, possibly more than a full-time job there would have been.

My new job is remote, but we have meetings in the office every two weeks, so I had to go in. They introduced me to the rest of the Utah Historical Society, and the assistant director pointed out I was wearing a tie. I was dressed more formally than anyone else, but that's because I have to dress up for my Church job, which I was going to after the state job. It is a little weird to have two jobs simultaneously. A lot of the content is the same or similar, but the cultures and rules are different.

I haven't been on a trail run since early November, and usually I can return to the trails by mid-March, but it will still be a bit before the trails thaw out. And I'm not even mad. Can you believe that just over six months ago, we hit 107 degrees in September?


I really can't believe that cats are real! These little soft creatures with adorable faces that like to spend time with us! When I wake up in the morning, Reggie darts onto my bed to sit on me and purr. I do get annoyed that he always tries to lick my chin. But this week he sat on me while I was lying on the ground after a workout, and then he bit my pec through my shirt. So there are worse things than licking. 
Irresistible!

No comments:

Post a Comment