Sunday, May 1, 2011

Here I am!

Well, despite coming home from my mission nearly a year and a half ago to a world where an enormous fish, Facebookus addictivi, has made the Bloggus commonis an endangered species, I thought I would start a blog. I had been part of my family blog, but now that I'm in college, my life is quite different from that in North Salt Lake.

Part of the reason for doing this is because for a while I was logging into my mom's email in order to read all of the letters I sent while I was on my mission. I loved the week-by-week accounts. Alas, now I have no one to write to, so I thought a blog would be the best way to continue on that legacy. I also sometimes think random thoughts that I want to write about, so this is the best way to do it.

Now, my life now is far less interesting than when I was a missionary. So you'll probably be bored to tears if you decide to read this blog. (Just make sure your tears don't fall on the keyboard.) I'll probably update it on Sundays, since I only do religion homework on Sundays, but I'm not in any religion classes at the moment.

Let's see, what did I do this week? Oh, just a little thing called starting a new term. I'm taking E Lang 324, History of the English Language, and English 235, Masterpieces of American Literature. The former is required for my major (English Language, or E Lang--not to be confused with that ambiguously-named English major), the latter is just a general.

I also worked a lot this week. Even though I don't care for sports, I'm not anti-sports, and my job consists of setting up and cleaning up after sports here at BYU. This week I had to sweep up sunflower seeds (most peculiar snack ever) during a late April snowstorm, walk on eggshells around a stressed, frustrated and somewhat angry coworker after taking down lacrosse, and wait for a million women to leave the Smith Fieldhouse so I could clean up after their Women's Conference. Seriously, I have never seen so many women. I only have a few weeks left of my job before it ends for the season, and I don't know now whether or not I'll return. Much of that depends on my boss's opinion of me.

The problem with writing things like this is that I have a lot I want to say, but I end up boring myself before I write it all. I can't imagine what it's like for anyone who's reading this!

If you are still awake, you can decide if you want to follow my blog. I will follow yours if you follow mine! And if you're not awake, you probably shouldn't follow it.

We'll see how long I actually persist at this...

1 comment:

  1. It says 0 comments. I commented but apparently it didn't take. We will enjoy reading your blog but we're not active on our own.
    Grandma and Grandpa

    ReplyDelete