Sunday, January 25, 2015

Short week

I had a lot go on this week.

On Monday, I didn't work. Thank you, Dr. King, for a day off. Oh, and for all the civil rights activism too.

On Tuesday, I was amused by this Google search. I didn't find what I was looking for that day, but on Friday I found it in a book. No thanks to Google.

On Wednesday, a guy I home taught, Donald, was moving out, so I went to their pad for a going-away party.

On Thursday, I helped out with a ward activity where we tutor high school students from a Tongan neighborhood. I helped a girl with her math. It took me a while to figure out what to do, but eventually I got it. I think it was algebra 2, and I haven't had that for ten years. However, I was pretty good at that; I was picked as one of the students of the month from the math department. My last math class was college calculus, five years ago, and I wasn't very good at it. By "wasn't very good," I mean I got a B+, which to me is almost failing. My last class involving math was groundwater, a year and a half ago. I'm not a math person, so I felt bad for the girl I was tutoring because it took me a while to get back in the math groove. But I got it eventually.

When I got back home, at about 9:00 p.m., my boss called me, because he had some sudden things he needed me to look at.

On Friday morning, I went to a meeting where Reid Neilson, my boss, became a new assistant Church historian. He had called me the night before so I could look over some press items, so I was one of the few people who knew it before it happened. The official press release has some of my fingerprints on it, as I told him that it's perfectly acceptable to end a sentence with a preposition. He deserves this new title, as he is very smart and is the nicest boss I've ever had.

Then I had game nights on both Friday and Saturday.

Hmm. My week seemed a lot more interesting when I was actually experiencing it, rather than when I was writing it. Sorry about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment