Tuesday, May 1, 2018

Seven years later

Today is the seventh anniversary of this blog, and every year I like to commemorate the event by looking back at some of my posts.

Last year, the post focused on entries that used song lyrics as the title. (Since that time, I could add the following posts to the list: Shooting Fireworks like It's the Fourth of JulyWelcome to New YorkThe applause, applause, applause; Wonderful Christmastime; It was a very good year; Happy Easter to You!; Where the buffalo roam, where the people and antelope play.)

This year, I'm going to highlight some of the most unusual, most creative, or best titles I've come up with over the last seven years. That doesn't necessarily mean the content is the best, but I like the title.
If I weren't a muggle, none of this would have happened.
A pillowcase full of trick-or-treat memories.
The purple-people-eater basketball coach was centuries too early.
Eight votes is seven too many
Valentine's Day: Winter's Halloween
One Weird Dude
What a weirdo.
A llama? He's supposed to be studying!
You inky!
It Was a Short Summer, Charlie Brown
How can you not like fall?
A tarantula story
Death Valley Days
Lucky; or, a Drinking Fountain Epiphany
Not terribly much badder
A Prescriptive Addiction: How I Became a Descriptivist when I Became an Editor Because (a) it was Earth Day and (b) it was a New Year's resolution.
Witnessing Thanksgiving and Ruining Christmas (I don't really like these titles individually, but I like that I gave these names right next to each other without realizing it)
What about the egg house? (I need to give an explanation on this, since I didn't give a full one in the post. I was telling my nephew Franklin that his younger brother, Nathaniel, used to claim to have multiple houses made of various materials: Jello, candy, etc. Then Franklin asked, "What about the egg house?" Then he kept saying it over and over.)

No comments:

Post a Comment